Installation of Weblogic 10g (10.1.3.2) for Oracle Golden Gate Director
- Setup of Weblogic server requires the setup of Java Runtime Environment 1.6 or higher.
- One can download it from java.sun.com or Oracle website. Make sure you install only JRE and not the complete JDK, as it’s not required.
- Once you install JRE make sure, your JAVA executable is accessible to Oracle user as the installation of Weblogic is going to be done by Oracle user.
- You also need to download Weblogic installer with following name
- You need to have firewall disabled on your system to prevent the blocking of any ports.
- You may also need to configure the VNC Server or X-Manager to enable GUI.
Weblogic server - wls1032_linux32.bin
Enter the path of the MIDDLEWARE HOME where WL will be installed
Select TYPICAL install option…
Select the default option unless you are doing custom install….
Select “Create a new weblogic domain” option…
Select CONFIGURED AUTOMATICALLY option
Enter domain name (as per your requirement) and location.
Make sure this location is withing weblogic home
Enter weblogic username and password.
Enter Server start mode – Production mode
Select JRockit JDK
Domain Configuration in progress and then finished...
Thus your weblogic is installed and configured with default domain.
This domain will be used for deploying and configuring you GG Director application.